Monday, May 9, 2011

Last night was a fucked up dream

Wow. It was one long dream of me realizing my mortality, but the point of the dream was that I knew that I was going to be dead within a week, but it could happen at any second within that week.


So the entire dream was me making plans of what happens to me when I die, what happens at the funeral, and what happens after. With people telling me like "yep, got the casket picked out, got the plot and everything already done for ya"


So within the dream I'd feel this incredible sense of being tired, so as I was falling asleep in the dream, I'd think I was actually dying then try to snap myself back awake because I didnt want to go yet.


I was the only person who was upset about my impending death, while everyone else was just going on about their merry way, just writing me into their calender for when they needed to see me off. Friends, family, strangers, all the same reaction that I'd be dead anytime soon.


I think my dream was just one big metaphor for how death really works, that in the small picture it's important, but other than that I'm not really important at all.


The last thing I remember was sitting up against some brick wall near my old school crying, then getting picked up by someone whose face I couldnt make out, giving me a hug telling me that I'd be ok.


God this whole day has been really depressing trying to get over this dream

No comments: